CARE & USAGE
How to care for your Very Troubled Child product
- Our products are exclusively manufactured using traditional and hand-crafted procedures. Certain precautions are necessary for their cleaning, maintenance and use. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
- Initials on all our bags are hand-painted by our Master Painters with multiple layers of acrylic paint to increase durability and resistance to external agents.
- This process is done fully by hand and can only be done by our Master Painters at the moment of purchase.
- The acrylic paint is permanent and for this reasons the initials cannot be removed after the painting process has been completed.
- If you wish to retouch and/or maintain your initials after purchase, please contact us directly and we will be happy to give you detailed guidance and assistance with this process.
- We recommend not to apply any "sealer" or other similar product on top of the acrylic paint used for the initials as it will prevent the leather to breathe, it will greatly decrease the durability of the initials and may eventually lead the paint to crack.
- We only use the best full metal zippers available on the market for all our bags in order to guarantee their durability even after extensive use.
- We recommend not to over-stuff your Very Troubled Child bag as this may permanently compromise the alignment of the zipper's metal teeth.
- In order to maintain the smoothness of the zipper and its durability, you can carefully apply certain zipper specific wax or lubricant up and down the zipper metal teeth.
- Do not carry anything excessively heavy, do not over-stuff your bag or use the item for any unusual purpose which could alter the materials and the colours.
- Keep the item away from sharp objects which may permanently damage the leather or its lining.
- Do not use any detergents (alcohol, solvents and thinners), oily products (lipsticks) or inks (pens) which could irreversibly and indelibly damage or alter the bag.
- Keep the bag protected from high temperatures or direct sunlight over long periods.
- Keep the bag away from any material with possibly unstable colours that may stain the leather or its lining.
- Keep the item away from liquids. If needed, mop the liquid gently using a soft, dry cotton cloth that does not pill.
- During your flights, if possible we advise against check-in any of the Very Troubled Child bags.
CLEANING AND STORING
- Clean your Very Troubled Child item by wiping it with a soft cotton cloth that does not pill.
- When not in use, store the item flat in a cool, dark place and fill it with tissue paper to help maintain its shape.
- Do not use plastic to store the item.
- Do not wash in a washing machine or use any other mechanical process.
- We only uses natural materials that need a "rest". By adopting regular periods of non-use, you will extend the lifetime of your Very Troubled Child item.